Ikelite 4412 RC1 Olympus & Panasonic TTL Receiver for DS Strobes
Enjoy true Olympus or Panasonic LUMIX TTL strobe exposure via fibre-optic connection with your compatible Ikelite DS strobe.
With the Ikelite RC1 TTL Receiver and a compatible camera with RC flash mode, actual exposure data is calibrated and communicated directly by the camera. This is far more accurate and consistent than “slave TTL” modes built into some underwater strobes which watch the camera’s built-in flash and react.
An individual RC1 TTL Receiver and compatible fibre optic cord are needed for each strobe. The use of two strobes requires two receivers.
This product attaches to an Ikelite DS strobe. It is not intended to be attached to a housing and will provide no functionality if attached to a housing bulkhead. This receiver is not compatible with non-Ikelite strobes or non-digital Ikelite strobes.
RC Mode TTL Strobe Exposure
This Sensor makes Ikelite DS Strobes compatible with the Olympus and Panasonic LUMIX RC flash mode, providing automatic TTL exposure. To achieve a correctly exposed image, set the DS strobe to “TTL” and the camera’s flash mode to “RC”. Using the camera’s flash exposure compensation controls to make fine-tuned adjustments to the strobe’s intensity.
Manual Strobe Exposure
The strobe’s output may be adjusted using the manual power settings built into the strobe (varies by model). Make sure the camera’s flash mode is set to manual. Choose the minimum flash output necessary in the camera to trigger the DS strobe. This will conserve the camera’s battery power.
Camera & Housing Compatibility
Ikelite Housing Models:
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III in Ikelite Housing # 6950.13
- Olympus Stylus 1s in Ikelite Housing # 6139.51
- Olympus Tough TG-3, TG-4 in Ikelite Housing # 6233.03 / 6233.04 / 6233.05
- Olympus Tough TG-5, TG-6 in Ikelite Housing # 6233.06 / 6233.07
Non-Ikelite Housing Models:
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II with FL-LM3 flash in Olympus or Nauticam Housing
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II with FL-LM3 flash in Olympus, Nauticam, or Isotta Housing
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 in Nauticam Housing
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II in Nauticam Housing
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III in Nauticam Housing
- Olympus Tough TG-3, TG-4 in Olympus, Nauticam, or Recsea Housing
- Olympus Tough TG-5 in Olympus, Nauticam, Isotta, or Recsea Housing
- Panasonic LUMIX GH3, GH4 with DMW-FL70 flash in any housing that supports the use of the DMW-FL70 flash
- Panasonic LUMIX GH5, GH5s with DMW-FL70 flash in Nauticam or any housing that supports the use of the DMW-FL70 flash
- Panasonic LUMIX GX8 with DMW-FL70 flash in Nauticam Housing
- Panasonic LUMIX LX100 II with VEK0V37Z1-A flash
Fibre Optic Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Fiber Optic Coiled Cord # 4501
- INON Optical D Cable “Non-wireless type” L-Connector
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) # 50107
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable II # 50128
- Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26211 Nauticam to INON
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26212 Nauticam to Sea&Sea
Consult with us for information on what type of fitting is provided at the housing end. The fibre optic ports on Ikelite housings are made to the same standard as SEA&SEA and Olympus brands.
- Ikelite DS50 above serial # 70000
- Ikelite D51
- Ikelite DS125 above serial # 5000
- Ikelite DS160, DS161
- Ikelite DS200 above serial # 7163
This product is not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes, SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes.
In the Box
- RC1 Receiver
- Connector protector # 0301.12