Aquatica Nikon D850 Housing AD850 with Vacuum Kit & either Nikonos, Ikelite or Optical Bulkheads
Aquatica quite rightly is proud of the lightweight design of their new AD850 housing. This is possible because of their new in-house 5 axis milling machine which allows their engineers to work closely with the machine programmer. This housing is 12% lighter than the AD800 & AD810 housings, but still has the same standard 90m/300ft depth rating and which can be upgraded to 130m/425ft. Aquatica has ergonomically placed the vital controls where they are most needed, right at your fingertips. Even though the D850 is a bigger camera than the D500, the AD850 housing has the same form factor and layout control as Aquatica’s popular AD500 housing.
The Nikon D850 camera main features:
- 45.7MP Digital SLR
- BSI Full-Frame Image Sensor
- No Optical Low-pass filter
- 4k Ultra HD video recording
- 3.2” Tilting touch screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC & Bluetooth
- Widest & Brightest viewfinder of any DSLR
- Outstanding battery performance
- New self-aligning controls
Another great improvement over previous Aquatica housings for Nikon cameras are new self-aligning controls. On the AD850 housing, the On/Off lever and the Live view selector are spring-loaded, therefore you will not need to ensure the controls on the camera are properly set before closing the housing. In addition, the lens release, autofocus mode and the FN1 controls were moved to the saddle allowing the user to slide in the camera without pulling any levers.
The AD850 was designed to have all the following controls right at your fingertips:
- Front dial wheel & Rear dial wheel
- Exposure compensation
- Live View
- A new AF-On lever was designed to allow all users, even those with smaller hands to simultaneously activate the AF-On and the shutter. This new lever has now been positioned ½ an inch lower and 1 ¼ inch to the front, as compared to previous models.
- The ISO lever has now been placed right at your fingertips, it also has a very low profile, this keeps it just below the top of the right grip. It can be easily activated with your right thumb while keeping your hand on the grip.
Handling the housing is via Aquatica’s acclaimed molded grips, these have been the industry reference in comfort for the last 25 years. These lightweight yet sturdy grip handles are made in one piece and cannot come unglued, fall apart or corrode. Grips are provided with standard sized mounting holes ready to accept the most current strobes and their supporting arms. On top of the housing is an extra mounting point for attaching a focus/video light or other accessories, three additional standard sized mounting points are provided on the bottom of the housing, there you can attach various brackets, support or a tripod.
Surveyor monitoring system
The Aquatica AD850 housing comes standard with a Surveyor monitoring sensor. This sensor acts as a moisture and vacuum alarm for constantly monitoring the sealing integrity of the housing, adding another level of safety and peace of mind.
The Aquatica AD850 is supplied with the Galileo type eyepiece. This high quality and coated optical finder gives a bright and full view of the viewfinder. For those seeking the ultimate in viewing for still image, the optional Aqua View Finder, available in straight and 45 degrees version, are among the best of the industry, they can easily be installed in a matter of a few minutes by the user. The enlarged and enhanced image provided by the Aqua View Finder is second to none in clarity, it provides the photographer with tack sharp corner to corner viewing of the camera viewfinder for composing and critical focusing.
Flash triggering options:
- #20084-OPT-VC Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Optical connectors
- #20084-NK-VC Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Nikonos connectors (LED Flash Trigger included)
- #20084-KT-VC Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 One Ikelite connector
*Please advise bulkhead choice*
Main features of the Aquatica AD850
- Well established and proven system of ports, extensions and accessories to meet your personal lens preferences.
- Quick and simple installation of enhanced viewfinders; no special tools required.
- Exceptionally good and ergonomic control placement.
- All controls remain accessible in all dive conditions, either cold or warm, gloves or not.
- Secure port locking system and easy access lens release button.
- The most comfortable and sturdy hand grips in the industry, also extendable for larger or gloved hands.
- Precise camera mounting via a quick release camera tray with angled rear LCD positioning.
- Two (2) entry point for accessories such as HDMI monitors, remote control or vacuum monitoring systems.
- Eight (8) threaded standard 1/4”-20 holes, one located on the top, three on the bottom and four on the grips, to mount strobe arms, brackets, tripods and a wide range of accessories.
- Depth rating options of 90m or 130m depth at no extra charge (factory installed).
- Made with a time-proven manufacturing process, using the best material available and state of the art tooling. This offers you many years of dependable and enjoyable service.
The Aquatica AD850 is a very compact and lightweight housing tipping the scale at just: 3.1kg-6.7lb
Dimensions: (with grips attached) W 255mm x H 180 mm x D 145mm / W 10.1” x H 7” x D 5.7”
Dimensions: (without grips) 360mm/14.15”
Special Order Product 4 – 6 weeks delivery.